Hello lovely Thrifty Decor Mom readers! It's almost Friday and Valentine's Day is this weekend ... yay!
I recently pinned some recipes for homemade shower tablets. Some call them shower bombs or shower cubes but they are all basically the same thing. I feel a cold coming on so I decided to make some and try them out!
Here is what you'll need to make your own
Vaporizing Shower Tablets ....
Recipe Found Here
• 1/2 cup of baking soda
• 1/4 cup of corn starch
• 4 Tbs. Vicks Baby VapoRub
(This has a more gentle scent
than the regular VapoRub)
• 1-3 Tbs. water
1. Combine the baking soda and corn starch.
2. Add in 4 Tbs. of the Baby VapoRub.
3. Mix until fully combined.
4. One tablespoon at a time, mix in the water. You don't want it to be runny because it needs to harden. If you accidentally make it too runny just add more corn starch.
5. Fill ice cube tray or mold with mixture. Silicone molds seem to work the best. I used an extra silicone herb mold that I had and it worked great.
6. Let mixture dry overnight.
7. Gently remove the cubes from tray. They are soft and will break easily so be extra careful! Store them in a pretty jar next to your shower. I used a Ball jar to store mine and added some baker's twine and kraft paper so it looks pretty! This would make an awesome gift too!
• How to use the Vaporizing Shower Tablets ... use when you feel a cold coming on or have a stuffy nose. Place a tablet in the corner of your shower. The steam from the shower will release the vapors as the cube melts. Plus your bathroom will be filled with the wonderful scents of eucalyptus, aloe vera, rosemary and lavender! •
I also want to try using essential oils instead of the VapoRub. I pinned a few recipes using essential oils on my Pinterest board here. Another fun idea is to use molds in various shapes. Hmmm....I'm feeling a Shower Tablet addiction coming on!
Have you ever tried making your own shower tablets? Leave me a comment below and tell me all about it!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Thanks for visiting!
Stay connected ....
Linking up here .....