Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Christmas Craftiness . . .

Hello everyone! I have been working on a few Christmas crafts/decorations today. First up is my Santa picture that I printed from The Graphics Fairy. I used a piece of scrapbook paper for the background and stuck it in a frame. It's that easy! I found the ornament in the $1 bin at Michaels. I just added some ribbon and hung it on the corner of the frame.



I got the idea for my next project from Marla at Always Nesting. She has an awesome blog and amazing ideas. Go check out her blog here:  http://alwaysnesting.blogspot.com/2010/11/cozy-christmas-bed-for-mindy.html

This is what I started with:


I found the birdcages in the $1 bin at Michaels. Then I spray painted them white and added some small ornaments. Super duper easy and inexpensive! Thanks for the idea Marla - you rock!!


How cute would this be filled with small plastic eggs for Easter? It was only $1 and it can be used for all kinds of fun stuff. Multi-use and cheap. Doesn't get any better than that!

I'll be dragging out all my Christmas bins from the basement later this week so be sure to check back for some more fun ideas!!

3 comments:

  1. Both projects turned out great! Love the bird cages & think filling them with plastic eggs for Easter would be a great way of having them pull double duty. I would love for you to link this up to Wickedly Crafty Saturdays at Wiccan Make Some Too!
    http://wiccanmakesometoo.blogspot.com/2010/11/wickedly-crafty-saturdays_27.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love santa, so cute, and I actually thought that was an old card, looks just like one. Great idea for sure, and free, just my thing. :)

    Thanks for linking to **Amaze me AUgust** I really appreciate it.

    Bella :)

    Oh and make sure you come enter my first giveaway coming SOON, there are SEVEN prizes up for grabs girl, you won't want to miss it!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.