Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where We Live

We spend a lot of time in our finished basement. The Handyman Hubby works from home and his office is on one side of the room.

The other side of the basement is a family room with the BIG TV(as my kids call it) and game systems. We opted for a futon instead of a sofa. It opens into a full size bed (great for guests) and has 2 large storage drawers underneath. I keep all our DVD's and games in there. They are easily accessible but out of sight.

The furry rug and green pillows are from Target. I made the paisley print pillows from a set of cloth napkins I found at Homegoods. Give me a glue gun and some fabric and I can make almost anything!


The chair and shelf are from IKEA - love that store!! Too bad it's 2 hours away from my house. I'd probably be there every week if it was closer!


Here's a closer look at the accessories on the shelf. 






I love the way my lamp shade turned out! I spray painted it black then added some fun tassel trim from JoAnn's. Isn't she cute?


Here's the other side of the room. . . 


I used the same trim from the lampshade on a plain pillow to dress it up a bit. 


This table belonged to my Grandma and I painted it black - I know, no big surprise there! I have the 2 extra chairs from my kitchen table set here. 


This is my craft/scrapbooking area. I have all my paper, stamps and supplies in one place. The idea was that I would scrapbook a lot more if I had an organized space. So far that hasn't happened but the space looks nice!  : )


Well, there you have it. Our cozy basement family room. It's where we live.


Linking up to the following parties:

HOUSEography House Tour Link Party

4 comments:

  1. Is it always so neat and tidy? LOL, you are very very organized - I can tell by the photos. That's a great space for your family to hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh no! Right now there is a stuffed animal explosion all over the floor. My 9 yr old was playing with them before school and they're still there. I definitely cleaned up before taking those pictures! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks AWESOME! Thanks so much for linking up to gettin' crafty on hump day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lori, love the basement family room, it looks sooo cozy. Love the cushions made from napkins I bought some linen ones and would like to do the same thing. Great idea!
    Thanks for coming over and visiting today. I'm a new follower!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.