Thursday, January 13, 2011

I Had Big Plans. . . .

Sorry peeps! I had big plans to get some fun stuff done this week but I came down with a cold and my camera is acting up. Ahh! What else is going to go wrong?

I did get a quick little project for Valentine's Day finished . . .


Isn't she cute? I had to hurry and glue the candy hearts on before I ate them all!  : )   These are just as easy to make as the gumdrop tree's I made for Christmas.  All you need is a glue gun, a foam cone and candy.

What I really wanted to work on involved more linen napkins from Target. I went back and got another set of 4 napkins for $9.99. Then I added some fun fringe (from JoAnn's) to one of the napkins.


How stinkin cute is that!!

Okay, this is what I planned on doing with the napkins until I got sick . . .


These are my plain, boring panels in my family room. I just clipped the napkin up there to see how it would look and I'm kinda liking it.  What do you think?  Should I go for it and sew them on and add trim?

Here is another photo. See how boring they are? I think they definitely need something. Let me know what you think!


Linking up to the following parties:







Get your craft on Thurs.


giveawaysHouseofHepworths










18 comments:

  1. Yes! Do it! They definately add some pizazz to the curtains and are stinkin' cute too! I love how you added the trim. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Elizabeth. I think I just might go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like it! They will tie in with your "new" toss pillows too. You wouldn't even have to sew them on, they look good just clipped like that. (Unless, in person, they look funky).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll probably have to sew them on. Up close they look kinda weird. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori! I'm so sorry that you have been sick! Ugghhh! But, I am so loving what you are doing with those fabulous napkins and I wanted you to know that I am going to be featuring the pillows you made at the Inspiration Friday party this week! Be sure to come by! :-)
    Vanessa
    P.S. I absolutely think you should add the napkin trim to your curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for all the advice about my curtains. I'm definitely going to sew the napkins on and add some trim.

    Vanessa - Thanks for featuring my pillows! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there, just found your blog!! I also live in Ohio so I couldn't leave without saying hello. You have a beautiful home!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your candy trees for valentines!!! so adorable! i'd love to try some :) ~nancy~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karen - Thanks for stopping by. Nice to meet another Ohio blogger! I'm headed to your blog next.

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy - The candy trees are super easy and inexpensive. You should definitely make some! Thanks for stopping by.

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi! I saw your pillow recover using napkins at Southern In My Heart and just had to come see what your up to! That was an awesome idea and the curtains too. I love your valentine tree too! Thats a project I can do with the grandkiddos, they will love it. I am just getting started lookin at what all you have here. Love your blog, your amazing, how do you come up with all these ideas? I have no choice but to follow you, just hope I can keep up!! Thanks for sharing, Marla

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks really good but I would change the trim or not use the trim with the drapes. The colors, online, with the trim and drape doesn't quite work (at least for me). I love how the towel came out. I love the napkin fabric with the drapes too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great idea! Thanks for joining Get your craft on Thursday at Life As Lori!

    I'm having a Valentine Party that will be up up until 2-14-11. I would love for you to join me!
    http://lifeaslori.blogspot.com/2011/01/valentine-party.html
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  14. Marla - Wow! Thanks so much for all your kind comments. I'm so glad you are finding inspiration from my blog. : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kat - I'm not sure about the trim either. I might end up changing it to something more neutral. Thanks for the advice! : )

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori - I'm heading over to your Valentine Party right now! : )

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Lori! Just coming back by to say thanks for linking this up to Inspiration Friday this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.