3 view header

3 view header

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Linen Napkins + Old Pillows = New Pillows!!

Now that all the Christmas stuff is put away and my house is back to "normal" I wanted to update a few things.  My family room seems so dark to me so I was looking for a way to lighten things up a bit.  I found these linen napkins at Target (my fave store!) and they were less than $10 for a set of 4.


I love the colors and decided to use them to re-cover a few throw pillows I already had.  I turned the napkins inside out and sewed 3 sides. Then I put the pillow inside, stitched up the 4th side and hot-diggety-dog I had a new pillow!!


I am so happy with the way they turned out!


Here is one of the pillows on my chair  . . . and here is the larger pillow on my sofa.


What do you think?  I'm loving it - especially the $10 price for 2 pillows! I think I'm going back to Target and see if they have anything else in this fabric!

Linking up to the following parties:



Get your craft on Thurs.

HOG

giveawaysHookingupwithHoH





17 comments:

  1. I love your choice of napkins for the pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great! Who says you can't sew - I think you do a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow- very cute. Just came across your blog and one of your new followers.
    http://www.littlebluechairs.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that fabric! The pillows came out adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone for the nice comments about my pillows. I'm going to get another 4-pack of napkins and use them for kitchen towels! I love that fabric too!!

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the fabric is awesome!!
    Supa cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lori! Those look fabulous! I absolutely love the fabric and they give the space such a fresh new look. I especially love how it looks on the sofa with the yellow and striped pillows. Great job!
    Thanks for linking this up to my party this week!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I bought a tablecloth with that exact print from Target and I also made pillows from it! I love that print and your pillow looks great and goes well with the other pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't that fabric the best? I just love Target! I'm going back to see what else I can find in that fabric. You might see another project soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amybabadie@yahoo.comJanuary 12, 2011 at 5:16 PM

    I found the tablecloth in that fabric at Dirt Cheap for $5. I made three square pillows. Yours look much better than mine!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amy,
    What is Dirt Cheap - a discount store? $5 is a great price for a tablecloth!
    Send me some pics of your pillows and I'll feature them on my blog. I'd love to see them!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw these napkins (and matching tablecloth) recently and wanted to buy them as well! Love what you've done with them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I purchased the tablecloth in this exact pattern from Target a few months ago and recovered 6 outdoor pillows. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled accross your blog and you had done this! I just love the pattern, and yours turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This pattern must be very popular! I noticed that at my Target they had everything in this pattern on clearance so it might not be coming back. I bought a tablecloth for half off the original price!

    Lori : )

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fun project to do with napkins! I'll have to check out Target the next time I'm there. I really like the pattern as well! Thanks so much for linking up to Terrific Under Ten today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori, love them. Great job & I love the pattern!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete