3 view header

3 view header

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Red, White and Blue Decorating

My console table is all decorated for the 4th of July. It's not anything fancy or expensive but I love how it turned out. Most of the items I already had and the rest came from the dollar store and JoAnn's (on sale!).



There is one of my new IKEA lampshades! Isn't she cute?!


A little ribbon and fun accessories can make a big impact.




The faux flowers are from the dollar store. I just put them in a glass jar and added some ribbon. Doesn't get any easier than that! Plus, they're fake so I can use them again . . . they'll be perfect for some fun Valentine's Day decor!




My little vignette wouldn't be complete without some subway art. I painted an old frame white and used some red scrapbook paper behind the art. The little stars are just hot-glued right onto the paper. 


Here are the details:


Ribbon - JoAnn's (50% off)
2 Metal Stars - JoAnn's (2 for $1)
Faux Flowers - Dollar Store $1
Subway Art - Free!! 


I already had everything else from other decorating projects. 


If you want to see some of my past console table ideas click here, here and here.


Have an awesome day!!


Linking up to the following parties:










Beyond The Picket Fence





HookingupwithHoH

7 comments:

  1. It looks so cute. I love how you tied ribbon around your candle and jar. Such simple touches that add so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous, Lori. I hope you have a fun weekend. Are you heading down to Red, White, and Boom?

    Be sure to stop by this week to enter my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the subway art, what a cute idea! Thank you for leaving me such a sweet comment and I hope you have great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're all set for this patriotic holiday, Lori! Looks fun and festive. Did you get my e-mail re: the Buckeye Blogger Get-together? Let me know if you can come! ~ Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! I hope you and your mom had a great visit. One year I went to IKEA with my mom and daughter for my birthday. lol It's only an hour away but 2 hours for my mom. She goes every year before the holidays to get stuff for our Swedish Christmas Eve. I'm due for a visit soon too.

    Where did you get the cute 4th Subway art?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Andee
    P.S. visiting from home is where my story begins

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute. I love the dollar store for decor items too. I also LOVE that basket on the bottom of your console.

    ReplyDelete