Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Breadbox Mailbox

This is such a cute idea that I had to share it!


My parents live in a small town in western Colorado. They have the cutest little house that I just love! When their mailbox needed to be replaced they came up with this idea.



That is a breadbox turned mailbox. Such a unique idea!




This is how the breadbox is attached to the PVC post.




It's nice and spacious inside. No more squished magazines and packages. I wish our mailbox wasn't at the curb and I could do this.




I bet that none of their neighbors have a mailbox like this! 


Their yellow lab Gunther is at the door keeping guard! He loves to get in the photos! 


Have an awesome day!!


Linking up to the following parties:

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Lori, What a cute idea. Bet the postman loves it too as it looks easy to open.
    Babs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea and your parents are giving something old a new life. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea ... so unique! It looks really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like this idea. What a great and unique way to re-purpose a breadbox! Love Gunther standing guard in that picture :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori, Your parents' mailbox is so fun! Is it considered "legal" in the eyes of the USPS? Ya never know w/the government folks! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.