Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sew Happy!

Hello everyone! I have some exciting news to share!


No I'm not pregnant.  No I didn't win the lottery (I wish!) but I do have one of these . . .



. . . and I know how to use it! 


It was time to conquer my sewing inability and fear. I really don't know what I was afraid of. Once I figured out how to thread the machine it wasn't that bad. 


This is something I've wanted to do for a loooong time. I see the amazing things you all make and post on your blogs. I was so jealous that I couldn't even sew a straight stitch! 


Now, I am no seamstress and never will be. I just wanted to get the basics down. Here is the first project I sewed . . .




See those blue pillows? They are fabric napkins from Target and I've had them for about 4 months. They match the blue in my floral pillow perfectly! 




What do you think? Just don't look too closely or you'll see how crooked my stitching is. I still have a lot of practicing to do!


Have an awesome day!


Linking up to the following parties!







4 comments:

  1. SO awesome! I got a sewing machine for my Birthday a few years ago and have loved every minute of it! There are so many awesome sewing tutorials online! Here is my "Sewing" board on Pinterest with some of my favorites.. :)

    http://pinterest.com/mrsapicello/sewing-tutorials/

    By the way I love your blog! Congrats on the sewing machine and awesome job on the pillows! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic. I have sewing issues and fears myself. Just gotta jump in and not look back. Hope to meet you at the Buckeye get together Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on your first sewing project! They turned out really cute! I just recently got over my sewing machine fears myself and permanently kidnapped my Mom's sewing machine to use on a bunch of projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Lori ~ so many times I have thought I should buy a small sewing machine for some simple projects and I just haven't done it. My Mom taught me a little bit about sewing when I was growing up but I just never stuck with it. Your pillows look great! Do you like your Singer?
    ~ JoAnne

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.