3 view header

3 view header

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Hannah's Room Reveal



I am done. So done. Like put a fork in me I'm done. Let me just say that it sucks getting old! A project like this was no biggie when I was a young 20-something. Oh how I wish I was in my 20's again . . . 


Can you tell my birthday is coming up soon and I'm dreading it? Okay, enough of the "old" talk. Let's get to the makeover.


Hannah's room turned out amazing! She loves it. I love it and best of all - it's done, clean and organized!


Here is a before pic just in case you forgot where we started from. Lots of pink!




Goodbye pink and hello grown-up-I'm-not-a-kid anymore room!




I love the curtain panels from Target! They were only $9.99 a panel! Love you Tar-jay! 
We replaced the cheapo plastic mini blind with a faux wood blind from Lowes



Here is the chalk board/bulletin board that Handyman Hubby built. I already had the name letters but they were pink so some white spray paint took care of that. Hannah wanted dots on the letters so I used a black sharpie to add them.




I put a fresh coat of white paint on Hannah's desk and painted the drawer knobs the wall color. A shelf kit from Menards and metal magazine holder complete the desk area.




Remember my IKEA trip a few months ago? I came home with 3 dog tail hooks and wasn't sure what I was going to do with them. They got a few coats of white spray paint and are perfect for Hannah's jewelry and purses.




The comforter is from PB Teen - on sale for $59.99. I found the matching polka dot pillow at Hobby Lobby and it was 50% off! 




The walls are still waiting for some artwork and I have a few fun ideas to work on. 


Here's a cost breakdown:


PB Teen Comforter $59.99
White Shelf Kit (Menards) $19.99
2 gallons of Valspar Paint (Lowes) $54.00
2 Curtain Panels (Target) $20.00
Faux Wood Blinds (Lowes) $25.00
Polka Dot Pillow (Hobby Lobby) $15.00
White Sheets (Walmart) $20.00
Black Pillow Sham (Target) $9.99


I already had the white bed skirt and re-used/painted a few items to work in the room.


I told Hannah that her room was staying like this until she graduated and moved out! 


Now I'm going to rest my old, weary body! I need to prepare myself for the next BIG project - never-used dining room turned calm and serene library.  : )


Have an awesome day!


Linking up to the following parties:


Pretty Up Your Plain Jain Home Party





The DIY Show Off
Photobucket



Domestically Speaking



HookingupwithHoH

Transformation Thursday




















20 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bedroom turned out so beautiful! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...Amazing! I love all the accents ~ black & white looks great with the aqua! Is that a huge jar of candy on her shelf?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your pics and colors!!! greetings from angie (germany)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the aqua and black color combo. Very fresh and perfect for a not-so-little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous big girl room! The color combination look great and the dog tail hooks are super clever.

    Kudos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Your daughter must be thrilled! The colors look fabulous and it's such a functional and organized space. Thanks so much for linking up the completed room to The Creative Spark - I remember that fabulous desk from last week!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love her room. It came out really awesome. I'm so glad you linked it up to my Sizzle into Summer party.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! You did a great job Lori! I'm sure Hannah is really enjoying it and I bet she feels special to have more of a "grown-up" room!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what teenage girl wouldn't want that room. I love it! Found your blog from house of hepworths, I'm a new follower!

    Brie from darllingdoodles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the color! And the doggie hooks are awesome! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great room! You added some really lovely details to make it all flow! Wonderful job! Thanks for sharing this @ Show & Share!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm sure she loves it! I love it too, and I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry a little late here! Been crazy here....You did a great job with her room! Love those hooks, they are too cute. My daughter's room is similar in colors. I have done NOTHING around here, but hope to get back at it soon!
    Hope you are well, take care!
    Andrea xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a fabulous room makeover! I love it! Thanks so much for linking up to Tuesday Talent Show! I would love to have you stop by and link up again tomorrow with more great projects!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! This room is so darling. Love that color!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a pretty colour! You've accented it so well too - lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It looks great! It's the perfect transition room! I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful...love the color combination!

    ReplyDelete