3 view header

3 view header

Sunday, August 7, 2011

School Is Cool!

My kids may not be ready for school to start but I am!
They go back in 2 1/2 weeks so I decided to put out a few Back To School items - you know, to get them all excited and ready to go back. Ha ha!


Here is my table that I always decorate for different seasons/holidays. I didn't do anything elaborate. Just kept it very simple.




A few faux apples, free subway art (already had the frame) and some crayons I borrowed from my kids.The books under the lamp are some of my Grandpa's old school books. It's so fun to look thru them and see his handwriting. 




I also wanted a Back To School wreath for my front door. I rummaged around the house and found some supplies to work with.




Old wreath collecting dust in the basement - check!


Lots and lots of crayons - check!


Wood school house and bus (left over from a broken welcome sign) - check!


This is what I came up with:




I hot glued everything on, added some ribbon and called it a day! Plus, you know me, being all thrifty and everything - I spent $0.00 dollars! That's right. Nada, zilch, zero! I used stuff I already had around the house collecting dust in the basement!


So there you have it folks. Cheapo decor for Back To School. I know, I know. I'm so awesome . . . you wanna be cheap thrifty like me.  : )


Here's a peek at what Handyman Hubby is working on for me.




I can't wait for it to be finished! 


Hey! Don't forget to "Like" Thrifty Decor Mom on Facebook and "Follow" my blog. Come on, you know you want to. 


Have an awesome day!!  : )


Linking up to the following parties:




HOG










The Girl Creative






9 comments:

  1. Your back to school decor looks great. I'll bet your kids appreciate the daily reminder that their summer days are numbered. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this perfect for fall months before the holidays come see what I shared at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you used the crayons! Why don't I ever think of things like that?!

    We go back to school this week, blegh. I am NOT ready. My classroom is nowhere near set up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the wreath ~ you are so creative, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing wreath. If you get a chance I would love you to link your table and wreath up to More the Merrier Monday. It starts tonight and lasts through Wednesday. See you there. http://diyhshp.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that back to school wreath! The crayons would melt on my door, but I could be encouraged to find someplace else to hang it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. PS.
    Thanks for linking to Wicked Awesome Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cute! Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete