3 view header

3 view header

Friday, December 30, 2011

2011 - My Favorite Projects

Can you believe it? It's going to be 2012!! This year just flew by. It was my first whole year of blogging and I accomplished a lot! Everyone is posting their favorite projects or top 10 of 2011 so I decided to join the fun.


Without a doubt, painting my kitchen cabinets was my favorite project of 2011. It was sooo much work but the end result was totally worth it.


Let's go back to that dark kitchen with the orange-y stained cabinets . . .






How did I live with my kitchen like this for so long? A little a lot of paint can do wonders!




Much better! The new camera helps too!




If you've been following my blog for a while then you know how often I change stuff around in my house. What can I say . . . I get bored easily. These photos were taken way back in March so I've moved things around a little bit. I still love the white cabinets and the paint has held up great! No chipping or peeling at all.


Another one of my favorite projects was this shelf that Handyman Hubby built for me. Didn't he do a great job? I've had so much fun decorating it for different holidays/seasons!




This next project was long overdue and boy was I glad to get it finished! My daughter Hannah is almost 11 years old and wanted a more grown up room. I love how everything came together . . .




She is really happy with her room and even keeps it clean!




In October I was challenged by Family Dollar to come up with Fall/Halloween ideas and decor using their seasonal products. My favorite project was the tablescape I created. 









I can't leave out the "big surprise" from Hannah's guinea pig. In January we added 3 adorable little baby guinea pigs to our family . . .


We planned on finding homes for them but that never happened. Yes, you read that correctly. We have 4 guinea pigs. We all got so attached to them and well . . . the rest is
history.


From top to bottom:
Hershey
Marshmallow
Peanut (aka Baby)




See you all next year! I have lots of ideas and projects planned for 2012. The library is going to be awesome (if I ever get it finished!).


Linking up to the following parties:






























HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 2012

6 comments:

  1. Love it all. What a wonderful transformation in your kitchen. Looks great. I have furniture the old color of your cabinets that I would like to paint white. I would love to know how you did it.

    Happy New Year! Many blessings and much health in 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the kitchen transformation - I seriously wish hubby would go for painted cabinets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a well-rounded year. I thought the orange-y cabinets didn't look too bad but then the update was so great, I realized why you didn't like them any more. Kitchen updates are so nice. Too funny about the guinea pigs. Hope you all continue to love them and enjoy them in 2012. Happy New Year, and happy blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I say I love what you did with your kitchen, just love it. Now can you convince my hubby that we need to do the same thing? Please I can use any help I can get :)
    So gald I found your blog this year and have loved following along with you, looking forward to another great year with you friend!
    Have a wonnderful New Years and here's to 2012, maybe we can meet in person :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your kitchen transformation is so beautiful. Painting them white gave the whole room a new look! Loving it white. Also love your other projects, shelve, bedroom and fall table setting. Great job. Thanks for sharing your creativity over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do you have any problems actually sitting at the counters with the stools? I have an island that doesnt have an extended ledge and would love to be able to use this with seating but i didnt think it would work and extending the island counter top just isnt on my hubbys wanting to do list at all

    ReplyDelete