Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Creating a Gallery Wall

Hey! Did you all have a nice Christmas? Anybody eat waaay too many cookies and sweets? I sure did! 


I've been working on my library and wanted to give you an update. Above the Billy bookcases I decided to create a gallery wall. 


I tend to change my mind a lot so making templates of everything was a must!




I'm so glad I took the time to do this! It really didn't take that long to trace everything on paper and cut it out. I used painters tape to hang all the shapes and  moved them around until I found a look that I liked.






As you can see, I still have more stuff to hang up. 




It's been a slow process but eventually I'll get this room finished! 


HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!


Linking up to the following parties:





















4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love it! Loving the bookcases, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is so great! I love that you took the time to cut out the shapes and put them on the wall. Hearing that you felt it was worth it and not too time consuming is reassuring!

    I'd love it if you'd share this with my blog party going on right now!

    Kaitlin-The Not So Simple Housewife
    http://notsosimplehousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Really helps you visualize it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lori - I found you through Southern Lovely - I love your bookcases and your wall is going to look great. I'm just about ready to attempt my second gallery wall in the new year. Please pop by and visit - Iv only been blogging for 6 weeks and loving getting to meet new people. Have a great New Year Nat
    http://northshoredays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.