Tuesday, December 20, 2011

More DIY Artwork



Hello my friends! I'm back with another fabulous DIY artwork idea. If you remember waaaay back in November I showed you a sneak peek of what I was working on.


This is what I started with . . .




I purchased this artwork at Kirklands several years ago. Here is what it looked like in my red dining room . . .




I really wanted to use them in my new library but the color was all wrong. What's a thrifty mom going to do? I took those babies apart . . . oh yes I did!




I covered up the red and gold with some wrapping paper that I found at Michael's for $1.



I painted the medallion the same color as my table . . . Aquatic Mist and gave the frame a fresh coat of white paint.








I love, love, love it!! This little makeover cost me a whopping $1 (for the wrapping paper). 


So there you have it folks. Another cheap thrifty DIY project from yours truly. 


The library is looking like a real room now! Only a few more projects left to do and it will be finished!


Have an awesome day!!


Linking up to the following parties:













































shabby creek cottage

HOG



















4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Love how the medallion totally pops out now. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very uniqe! And I love the color! Would love love love for you to share this at our party going on now http://space46.blogspot.com/2011/12/co-hosting-pinteresting-link-party-week.html. Happy holiday! My

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to cover the old artwork with scrapbook paper. I love the pattern you picked out as well. :)
    I featured your artwork at this week's Terrific Under Ten Tuesday! http://www.athomewithk.blogspot.com/2011/12/terrific-under-ten-tuesday-44.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.