3 view header

3 view header

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Gallery Wall Reveal

It's done and I love it!!



This is the first gallery wall I've ever done and I was scared . . .  really sceeered! I didn't want it to look too cluttered or messy. 




I was going to put a large clock in the center but as you can see, I changed my mind. ha ha!


I am sooo glad I used paper templates before putting any holes in the wall. Handyman Hubby is glad too. : )


Here is a look at the whole library . . .




All I can say is that I love this room! It is totally me. I smile every time I walk by. Sometimes I just stop and look . . . and soak it all in. 


Now it may look finished but there are a few more things to do in here. Handyman Hubby already attached the bookcases together and we had a piece of MDF cut for the top. I need to paint it then the trim can be added. I have a few little touches I'd like to add and then she'll be done!


Here are all the gallery wall details . . .


DIY Artwork - you can click here to see what I did.


Subway Art - I stole these from my family room (now my Ikea shelves are empty!) 


Letter "S" - Homegoods on clearance for $7. 


Family Sign - Was hanging in my kitchen (now I have an empty area in there!)


Metal House Number Sign - I won this from A Pocket Full Of Blue and Ramsign several months ago.


Metal Collage Frame - This was my Mother's Day gift last year (2011) and I didn't know what to do with it. It has been sitting in my basement since May. It fits perfectly in this spot.


2 Black Frames - I already had the frames. I put an old map in one and Jake's pawprints in the other.


Just for fun, let's look back when this was a dining room that we never used.






Wow! What a difference!












I'm off to paint some 
MDF . . . have a great
day!




I was featured!!



























Linking up to the following parties:







































































24 comments:

  1. WOW!! Love the new space! Who said every house MUST have a dining room that no one uses!! I can see me in that room too! You did a great job with the gallery wall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seriously awesome! You totally transformed it! I'm loving the new color scheme! SO much more fresh and lighter than the red!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks great, I love that blue color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow your wall looks awesome Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lori it looks fantastic. What a nicely decorated room.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this!! I am planning to do a library wall in our bedroom. I was thinking of full size bookshelves (I am a book NERD) but now I am planning to do the lower bookcases so that I can decorate the wall above. Thank you so much!! You have helped me more than paper templates. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah! You did a great job with this. I love how you hung a miux of things - maps, frames, words, metal - the texture mix is lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great. I like the family name sign.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lori! I love it too! What a wonderful room you've created. Your gallery wall is fantastic and you were so smart to take the time to use the paper templates - your house number sign looks especially nice! : ). I see a little peek of your old window too - love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just did a gallery wall in my home too! They are so fun, I love how yours look! Very balanced and I love the colors of your room! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous space! It's so tranquil and relaxing now! I love a good gallery wall too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lori...it's Lori! I love your gallery wall...so cute. I love finding new creative blogs to follow...so I did! Stop by anytime cause' I love to meet new blog friends. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a FABULOUS makeover!! I love the new room to pieces! I featured it today!

    http://craptastickatie.blogspot.com/2012/01/five-feature-friday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great color for the back of your shelves... love it! I'm featuring your shelves in the PoPP Spotlight this weekend. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks FABULOUS!!! I bet you use it ALL the time now :) I'm dying to know, what is the color you painted your walls? Finding the right gray is so challenging!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It is so much brighter and more cheerful with this color scheme than the red. The wall looks great! I have to remember to take the time to make the templates so I don't have swiss cheese walls! Thanks for linking up to latest and greatest friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I would smile every time I walked by too, it's fabulous!! I love the pop of color and your gallery is just perfect! I love everything on it! I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey, just wanted to let you know that I featured you today on my blog. Thanks for linking up @ Show & Share!

    http://southernlovely.blogspot.com/2012/01/show-share-21-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  19. It came out great! I am actually just now tackling a gallery wall.
    A few blogger buddies and I have started a little challenge for January and I think it would be super fun if you want to participate. Please check it out at http://thespacebetweenblog.wordpress.com/2012/01/09/imagine-the-impossibilities-challenge/.
    Karah @ thespacebetweenblog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your space has been transformed! I would do a happy dance every time I walked by. Love the color on the back of the shelves. The wall grouping is just perfect, love everything you have on it. Our dinning room is our largest room, so we converted it into our family room. We use it every day instead of 2-3 times a year! Thanks so much for sharing your creativeness with Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Saw your comment at Thrifty Decor chic so I came over to peek. Love the makeover. Such pretty colors too.

    ReplyDelete