Monday, January 16, 2012

Meal Plan Monday




Hey everybody! Did you have a nice weekend? We got a whole bunch of stuff done. What do you think of the blog changes? I have wanted to update my blog for a while and finally got around to it. There are still a few things left to do so if it looks wonky around here that's why.

I also finished the library - finally! It turned out even better than I expected! If you missed the post you can check it out here

Here is my Meal Plan for the week of
January 16 thru January 22:

Monday - Lasagna Soup, Wheat Rolls

Tuesday - Asian Ginger Sesame Chicken w/Rice

Wednesday - Chicken Tortellini Soup

Thursday - Beef & Broccoli Lo Mein

Friday - Eat Out

Saturday - Lasagna, Salad

Sunday - Breakfast For Dinner


Chicken Tortellini Soup

This soup is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious! Even my kids like it and they are really picky eaters!

* 4 carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
* 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
* 8 oz cheese tortellini (fresh or frozen)
* 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
* salt & pepper
* 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
* 1/2 tsp. ground rosemary - optional

In a large saucepan, simmer the carrots in the broth until tender, 10-12 minutes.

Add the tortellini and simmer until tender, 2-4 minutes.

Add the chicken and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, 1-2 minutes more. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary (if desired) then sprinkle with parsley.


Pin It

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I tried your Tortellini Soup today and loved it, such an easy but yummy recipe, thanks for sharing.

    Nathalie
    Ontario, Canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter loves soup so finding easy recipes for them is great. Looks like it was posted almost a year ago, an oldie but goodie! Can't wait to try it! & I enjoyed your home tour! I forgot I already follow you, lol maybe I should drink my coffee & wake up prior to blogging!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.