3 view header

3 view header

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Foyer Reveal

It's official. I'm sick of painting. The spindles on the staircase were a royal pain! It took a lot of white paint to cover the orange-y stained wood. I think I lost count after 3 coats! I also decided to paint my front door and that also took 3 coats of paint! 


Here is what my foyer/staircase looked like before . . .




Here is my foyer today . . .




Hello! Does that not look 100% better? 




Try to ignore the nasty carpet on the stairs. I sooo want to rip it up but that's not in the budget right now.




I'm just lovin' the front door painted black. My kids and Handyman Hubby thought I was crazy for painting it . . . now they love it too! I don't know why they doubt me. I am the decorator around here! 


How about those wrinkles in the rug? I guess I need to iron those out. Whoops!




As always, I'm amazed at what a little paint can do.


My foyer wasn't bad before but it definitely needed some WOW! Mission accomplished.




Linking up to the following parties:









I Heart Nap Time

14 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! I recently made over our entry and painting all those spindles bites! I also painted our door black and my husband doubted me as well. What's up with the husbands? Looks amazing and well worth the effort! Great job!
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fantastic!
    I know that orange-y oak well! Ugh! Our kitchen cabinets
    are exactly that - 80's oak! I desperately want to paint them
    but my husband is reluctant. I juat want to love my kitchen!
    Your home looks great! I love all the things you share :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh, I love, love, love the black door. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome job, I think the hard work was absolutely worth it.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lori ~ You definitely added the WOW factor! It looks amazing and you have earned a well deserved break from painting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spectacular! What a difference paint makes who knew? lol Now thats the WOW factor:)Great job,Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you have painted it! :) It went exactly with the door. And yeah, I love the EXIT sign at your door! Pretty cool. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the transformation. So cute!! I love your little Exit sign above your door! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the combination of those grey, white and black details! And who cares what the rest of the family says - it always turns out fine if I change something so I don't even ask anyone's opinion before I start a new project. Everyone always loves the outcome! By the way, I also put an "exit" sign above our entry door (ours is black and would perfectly fit in your entry) and I love yours!!! And that 1550 - is that your house number?
    Glad I clicked on your link, I absolutely love what you did!!!
    Jule

    ReplyDelete
  10. lovely lovely - isn't paint GREAT! i'm contemplating painting my front door too - was thinking black perhaps but was worried it would look DARKER when I'm trying for a lighter space..... mmmmm decisions decisions!

    so glad you could visit & link up! c'mon by Anytime!

    www.NorthernCottage.net

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a HUGE wow! Great job - love the painted staircase, and the painted door is beautiful!

    Thanks for linking up at Simply Klassic Sundays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well you gave it the wow factor. The black door really makes the room pop. Also like the railing white. Your foyer really looks good, and great job. Thanks for sharing your creative inspirations over at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Precious!! We are going black and white more around here...and I want to incorporate some aqua in with my red. Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your foyer looks great! I have a lot of painting projects coming up including my staircase.

    I am a new follower of Linky. Hope you will also follow me!

    ReplyDelete