3 view header

3 view header

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Thrifty St. Patrick's Day Decor

Hey everyone! After putting everything away from Valentine's Day, I decided to do a little St. Patty's Day decorating. 




I used stuff that I already had and only purchased 2 new items. The chippy white porch post is from a consignment store in Mansfield. I love it and will probably leave it out all the time! The only other item I purchased was a $2 bag of gold coins at JoAnn's.




I put the gold coins in a green candle holder and brought out the subway art from last year. The greenery is from the Dollar Store (in a metal vase from Goodwill) and I added a little tag that I stamped "Lucky" on. I still love my DIY glass hurricane with a candle nestled in some split peas.


Here is the shelf in my hallway all decked out with green . . .




I printed off another subway art and framed it. The moss rocks were a $1 find from last year. The little vase is from a set of 3 for Valentine's Day. I just turned it around to hide the heart and added some flowers. Then I got the kids Scrabble game out and spelled "Lucky". 






So there is my Thrifty St. Patrick's Day decor. Remember that you can have fun decorating and it doesn't have to cost a lot! Once you have a few basic items you can use them over and over for every holiday. 

HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!!

Linking up to the following parties:

12 comments:

  1. Very cute Lori! You are really good at putting things together that make a nice cohesive grouping. It's great when you can use things you already have too. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, Your thrifty Irish ideas are really pretty and add a fun touch to your table and shelf. Happy early St. Patrick's Day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I never do St. Patrick's Day decor but you have inspired me. Love the moss rocks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the decor!! You have gotten me in the mood to finally take down my Valentine's and get my St. Patrick's up!! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented! Love how you put your tables together and your shelf in the hall. Simple changes, but they look so good and you didn't spend any money or very little.
    Hope you are well, I've been gone so I hope to catch up with you soon

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your taste in decorating. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  7. that "LUCKY" Scrabble thingy is so adorable!!!!!

    Thanks for linking up @ Classy Clutter!!

    xoxo, Mallory

    ReplyDelete
  8. your decorations are rocken! it is unbelievable you can get this stuff at the Dollar store! You really know how to get a deal!! Why would anyone ever pay full price?!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the greenery! Spring will be here soon!

    makingitfeellikehome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree, after the holidays, then Valentine's I don't want to spend too much on St. Paddy's. Love your decorations. Love the dollar store no need for full price. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best Par.tay! PS - following you on Linky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So clever. I love the scrabble tiles! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete