3 view header

3 view header

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Master Bath Reveal

Hello my friends! I am so happy to show you my finished master bath. I love the cabinets painted dark brown! 





In between the sinks I keep a silver tray to hold items that we use daily.



I wanted to create a spa-like feeling around the tub but didn't want too much clutter. I filled a glass jar with soaps, added some white towels, faux plant and one of my fence board signs.



I'm selling the signs at my Etsy store. Click here to visit my store.




This is the toilet closet in the master bath. The cabinet is from Target (several years ago) and I've filled it with decorative items in aqua and brown. 



This is the wall opposite of the sinks. I found the old wooden chest of drawers at a garage sale for $5. It was filthy dirty and Handyman Hubby thought I was crazy for buying it. After a good cleaning, some paint and knobs for the drawers it looks totally different. 




Now I need your help. I love the new blinds on the windows - much better than the moldy ones that were there before - but the windows need something. I really don't want any curtains or fabric because of the moisture. I was thinking about adding trim around the windows so they don't look so plain. What do you think? Trim? No trim? Any other ideas?




Source List

Plant in white pot - Ikea
Towels - Target
Bath rugs - Ikea
Window blinds - Lowes
Silver tray - Goodwill
Small white clock - Ikea
Aqua glass - Ikea
Plastic aqua cup - Target (clearance!)
Glass jars w/lids - Costco (part of a bath set)
Artwork - Kirklands
Mirrors above sinks - Kirklands
Towel ring and hooks - Bed, Bath & Beyond
Apothacary jar - Michaels
Striped towels - Target


I was featured!!

Days of Chalk and Chocolate



Linking up to the following parties:










9 comments:

  1. Love the colors! It all looks great. I think a trim would be nice or even a stencil in that beautiful teal color above the window to give it a pop of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love your color choices and it certainly does have a spa look to it! What if you made a simple valance out of oilcloth or outdoor fabric? The stores carry them in such fun color schemes and you wouldn't have the moisture issue... But trim would be nice, too!

    Great job!

    sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous job! Love the cabinets painted. Thanks for linking up.
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bathroom looks really luxurious Lori! You have done such a nice job. Window treatments are always difficult for me but I do think just some nice trim can be enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. stumbled onto your blog and just wanted to leave you a little blog luv! Def enjoyed this post!! def in LOVE with that bathtub!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the colors! It looks so restful in there. Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't curtains be easier to wash and clean than the blinds you currently have?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your master bath! It makes me want to get busy on mine which is near the bottom of my to do list right now! Love the little relax sign as well. Thanks for sharing at Whimsy Wednesday! Have a great weekend.
    Amy@homehappyhome

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a fabulous job!! I love it! I love the dark cabinets! As for your question I would say go for the trim around the window. I think it would add so much! Thank for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! You're a feature today!

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/04/features-latest-and-greatest-26.html

    ReplyDelete