3 view header

3 view header

Thursday, March 1, 2012

More DIY Artwork

A few weeks ago I was at my local Goodwill and came across a plastic bag full of vinyl. It was marked $5 and I grabbed it and ran to the register! Look at what was inside . . .




I used the knife, fork and spoon to make this . . .




The frame is actually a door from my kitchen cabinets. I left 2 of them off when I painted the cabinets.  


I primed and painted the door white . . . then sanded the edges to give it an old, worn look.




Here is my really cheap artwork on the kitchen counter.




I also came across this photo . . .


Source
I just love that quote so I decided to make my own version for the table in my entryway.




I printed out the quote and put it in an old frame that I painted white (it was an ugly gold).




If you want to see more of my free or cheap artwork you can go here, here and here.


HAVE AN AWESOME DAY!!



I was featured!!


Linking up to the following parties:















































































17 comments:

  1. I love your "cheap" artwork - the best kind right? How lucky are you finding that bag of awesomness. xx Nat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this art!!! So cute!! Thanks for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! I love the saying. Going to have to copy that. Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a great find!! I love your silverware art - great job!!

    -sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of taking the fork and framing it instead of sticking it to the wall- perfect idea for renters!!!
    New Follower!
    Jen @ F5

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot believe you found all that vinyl at a thrift store!!! You scored BIG TIME!!! Love what you did with the utensils.

    First time and a new follower to your blog... followed you over from Classy Clutter.

    Follow back, if you like!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Nice find at the thrift store. I love the cutlery art. You did a great job!

    Enjoy your week.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow you scored at GW when you found all that vinyl. Love how you used the silverware artwork. also love saying don't you wish you could put that on your fore head warning people to be nice... or else! Oh if it were that easy. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration at Sunday's Best.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Lori, I love your vinyl artwork! What a fun thrifty find!! I'm your newest linky fan! Please stop by bellanest.blogspot.com any time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm all about thrifty art! This is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How cute is that! I love that image of the knife, fork and spoon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it! Cant wait to do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great find and I love the cute art you made from it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know I have commented on this before, but I just wanted to let you know I am featuring your lovely art at today's link party!!

    http://twoyellowbirdsdecor.blogspot.com/2012/03/thursdays-temptation-link-party-8.html
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your almost free art-so cute-following you from beneath my hear-stop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the quote "be nice or leave". That would be in my kitchen because everyone has to be calm in the kitchen in order to enjoy and disgust their food.

    ReplyDelete