3 view header

3 view header

Friday, July 6, 2012

The Heat Is On . . .


It has been so hot here lately that I don't feel
like doing much of anything. Today and Saturday
we are supposed to hit 100º! We've also had some nasty thunderstorms and lost power last week. Thank goodness it was only for 1 day! There are some people in Columbus that still don't have power! 

This is how hot it's been here . . . 


My outdoor candle melted! 

My pallet project has been sitting on the patio for
the past 2 weeks. It's too hot to go out and work on
it so there it sits. I painted it but still want to distress
it a bit and add some wood sides.




Look at my cilantro plant!



Believe it or not, I watered it every day. I guess it
isn't too fond of the heat either. Just a few weeks ago it looked like this . . .



So there is my lame excuse for being lazy and not
finishing my pallet project. Maybe by the end of the summer I'll get it done.


Speaking of the end of summer - the school supplies are already out in a lot of stores. Hmmm . . . I thought we just celebrated the 4th of July. Couldn't they at least wait until August!


1 comment:

  1. I can relate, Lori ~ I feel like your candle and plant ~ melted and wilted! We were very lucky and did not lose power at all but some people very close to us only got theirs back today! Hot flashes and 100 degree temps are not a good mix, I tell ya!! (Your pallet table looks great!)

    ReplyDelete