3 view header

3 view header

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Pantry Details and A Free Printable



Thanks for all the lovely comments about my "new"
pantry. You chicks are awesome!



In case you missed the Pantry Reveal post with before and after photo's, you can go here.



Pantry Details & Prices

Paint walls & trim - FREE! Used leftover paint from another project.

Shelves - Used leftover MDF from library project and had hardware store cut to size. A piece of MDF at Lowe's is about $25 and we used about half of it for this project.

Supports for Shelves - 3 Pine Boards from Lowes $23


Large Plastic Canisters - Walmart approx. $3 each

Small Plastic Canisters - Walmart approx. $2 each 

Rubbermaid Container - Walmart $6
                       


Large White Bins w/Handles - Walmart $2.50

Small White Bins w/Handles - Walmart approx. $1.50

Blue Plastic Containers - Dollar Store $3


Labels for Containers - FREE! from BHG website


I didn't buy all the bins and containers at once. When I would go to Walmart for groceries I'd pick up a few containers. For me it was easier on my wallet to purchase a few items at a time over a period of several months. 


I decided to create my own grocery list and hang it on the pantry door. It's divided up into categories and makes it easy for my kids (or hubby!) to add items that we need.
You can print the grocery list here.




This ended up being a long post so I'll do a separate one about how I grocery shop, meal plan and save money.


Have an awesome weekend!



Linking up:














23 comments:

  1. That looks really great. I really like the plastic containers for snacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome, now I am excited to get started on my pantry. I've been slowly buying plastic containers too. I know in the end it will still cost the same, but somehow it makes me feel better when I only buy a few at a time haha. Great job!!

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you via blog hop---just followed as I am always looking for thrifty ways to decorate and get organized:) Looking forward to reading more. Come check us out at http://www.thechirpingmoms.com!

    -Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pantry looks great! I found your blog through Homemaker on a Dime. My pantry is on my fall list of things to organize. I will have to look for those containers at my local Wal-Mart. Thanks for sharing! - Shelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks awesome! Those pull out bins look great(might have to do that too)
    It's it easier to have it organized and that way you can find everything. The boxes are gone and you can keep a better inventory too.
    Hope you are doing well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! It's so inspiring as I try to put my things back in our remodeled kitchen (even though it's not quite done yet)! Thank you so much for the detailed list of where everything was purshased!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Popping in from Katherines Corner blog hop. You've done a great job with organization, I'm not going to let Mr. VZ see that good work! I pick up the glass containers at the thrift shops and replace the rubber seal with new.
    Give me a visit some time ~
    thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great job! I need to organize my pantry better & I was thinking of buying those baskets with the handles. Popped in from At the Picket Fence and I'm now following your blog. Looking forward to seeing more of your great organizing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous pantry organization! Those bins with the handles are great. Thanks so much for coming out to the party at Clean and Scentsible. I'll be featuring this on my Facebook page. Enjoy your weekend!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lori, just checked out your blog and I am LOVING it! You are a girl after my own heart. Now following your blog as well!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is terrific. Gets me inspired!! I'd love to have you link this up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. It's a new weekly linky party...still 4 days left. Hope to see you there. Thanks, Nichi
    http://mandatorymooch.blogspot.com/2012/07/tasty-thursdays-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love organized pantries and I think my reader would love this. I would really like if you could link this up to Thursday Food Fest at http://www.theeaseoffreeze.com. I open Wed at 7 pm so hope to see you next week! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT job...doesn't it feel so good to conquer a project?!
    Rene'

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lori! Your pantry looks great. I bet it feels good to be so organized.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an great economic solution to our pantries. Mine needs loving care so very bad. It's kinda scary right now, lol. I haven't seen the baskets with the handles, good find! I am going to look for them on my next trip to Walmart. Thank you for sharing at Freedom Fridays.
    Still enjoying following you:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well done, Lori. It's amazing how an organized pantry can change your life. Thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your pantry looks great. Thank you for sharing where you purchased your containers.

    I would love it if you would share this at the Smart Solutions linky party. You can link up here:

    http://theprudentpantryblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/prudent-projects-and-smart-solutions_27.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the breakdown. Your pantry is so pretty and organized, that I feel guilty my is a MESS! So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday’s Best – your creativity helped make the party a success!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for linking up to Tasty Thursdays last week. Hope to see
    you again this week!!
    Nichi - The Mandatory Mooch

    ReplyDelete
  20. I need to update our pantry soooo bad but I've lacked the motivation - thank you soooo much for helping me get the motivation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lori your pantry looks terrific!!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your pantry and love the redo price even more!

    ReplyDelete