Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Autumn Has Arrived!

Hello friends! Autumn has arrived here in central Ohio! This is my favorite time of the year. I love the cool nights and warm (not hot!) days. It's nice to have the windows open and the A/C off. 

I have been working on decorating for autumn and finally have some photos to share.



I always try to use stuff I already have and mix it up for a new look. I added just a few new items this year. The 2 orange books are from a tag sale and were $1 each. The mini pumpkins and gourds are from Hobby Lobby. They were $4.79 (40% off). The glass vase they are in is from the Dollar Store. 



Mini Daisy Faux Flowers - Dollar Store
Mini Pumpkin - From a bag of pumpkins & gourds - JoAnne's $6.50 (50% off) 
Candles - Dollar Store
Faux Leaves - Dollar Store

Another thing I like to do is use items that can go from autumn to Halloween and then Thanksgiving. I'll just add a few jack-o-lanterns, bats and witches for Halloween and then some pilgrims and turkeys for Thanksgiving. All of these decorations will stay out until the end of November when I put my Christmas decor out.



I added a few pops of orange around the family room. I love the orange with the aqua lamp and pillows!



Isn't that owl the cutest! I found him at Marshalls for $7.99. They had a bunch of different colors but I decided to get the white one. A faux pumpkin, pine cone and candle complete the look.



The shelf that Handyman Hubby built is all decked out for autumn too! I love all the free subway art out there in blogland. Just print, pop in a frame and you have instant artwork. The little white owl is actually from a set of salt & pepper shakers. They belonged to my Grandma and she gave them to me a few years ago.

I'm almost finished decorating the front porch so stop back again soon for new photos!





Linking up:









      Jennifer Rizzo 
   Fabulously Creative
       Linky Party



17 comments:

  1. You are so talented and how you decorate! The owl is awesome and if only we had a Marshall's only TJMax. Maybe I will check there.
    I am loving this weather too and am slowly getting my stuff out...SLOW but sure. This weekend I am going to work on the mantel per my 10 yr old :)
    Have a great rest of your week!

    Andrea xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I found some orange flowers in a teal blue basket at the thrift store and I love those 2 colors together. I love your owls too. Perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Favorite Things Thursday!

    Ooo -love the Fall decorations - really gets you in the mood.

    Im a new Google follower from Katherines Corner.

    Yona Writes
    http://artpark78.com/blog1

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks very pretty. Love the mixture of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! And I love the owl!!! Obsessed with them right now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the shelf that your hubby built, that's awesome, and love all the pops of orange and turquoise. i do the same thing, just adding in some halloween touches and still keeping the fall stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pops of orange. And of course the white owl- he is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very lovely. Thanks for sharing at the Favorite Things Party. I'm the co-host for this week. Following you also. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Your house looks SO good. I'm jealous. I'm your newest follower on GFC :)

    Bobi
    http://westernwarmth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these ideas! I m your newest follower because I am always looking for inexpensive decorating ideas. Your ideas are totally affordable, but they look expensive. I love that dish with the candles and the leaves in it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have done such a great job decorating for fall. It is so cute. Thanks so much for linking with Adorned From Above's link Party.
    Debi @ Adorned From Above

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the orange and the blue together, it's so pretty. Thanks for the inspiration and have a great weekend!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Fall decorations look really great, Lori! You do such a good job of putting things together. Happy 1st 'official' day of Fall ~ even if it is raining : ( Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thrifty and fabulous!!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop . BIG hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very nice pics! Love hat shelf with the numbers! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  16. It looks so pretty. You have done a wonderful job and the price is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/how-to-make-natural-tinted-lip-balm-and.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations! You've been featured on Handy Man, Crafty Woman's Wicked Awesome Wednesday! I see you already have your button! Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.