Thursday, September 27, 2012

I'm The Queen . . .

Yep. You read that correctly. I am officially the 
Queen of Unfinished Projects

It's a sickness I tell ya! Anybody with me on this?

 It's just getting ridiculous around our house! All of the started-but-not-finished projects are driving me crazy! I'm sure you're asking "how bad can it be?" Well, let's just take a look shall we . . .

Remember this project from June!! The pallet table that I wanted soooo bad has sat unfinished for the past 3 months.


I put the casters on and painted it and that's where this project ended. In my defense, we had a horribly hot and dry summer and hardly spent any time out on the patio. The last thing I wanted to do was paint anything in 100º weather! (I blogged about the super hot temps here). See examples below . . .


Dead Plants 

Melted candle










Since it is almost October I'm putting this project on my to-do list for next spring - finish sides of table, paint, distress.

Moving on.

The foyer. Specifically the front door. I painted it waaaay back in February. It looks great from far away and in photos. Up close. Not so much. 


I ran out of paint and was too lazy to drive to Lowe's and get more. Do you know how many times I've been to Lowe's since February? Crazy I tell ya! 

The whole door needs to be sanded and finished off with a new coat of paint.

But wait. There's more!

The Master Bath Project. It still looks exactly like this today. Well, it's not as clean but you get the idea.


I wanted to add trim around the windows to "finish them off". Let's see . . . that was back in March.

I'm starting to see a pattern here. 

Next is the Master Bedroom Project. Remember how we replaced our older-than-dirt mattress and I was inspired to update the bedroom? 


I have made some progress in here. New bedding and a DIY project for the nightstand and that's about it.

 . . . and then I need to paint the downstairs hallway, upstairs hallway, finish decorating the basement family room . . . . . .

Apparently I need to get off the computer and start painting!  


Have an awesome day!!





Linking up:


3 comments:

  1. I hear ya!!! I made a list if unfinished things to complete and what did I do? I decided to paint my kitchen, dining a living room. I blame the color of the walls for my non motivation... lets hope this works. That pallet table is going to gorgeous with legs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done more in one year than I have done in ten! Don't be so hard on yourself! I am in awe of all that you have done! Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, we can share the crown for Queen of unfinished projects.;) Story of my life. I'm a great starter, just not so good on the finishing end of things.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.