3 view header

3 view header

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My New Office Area

It's time for the big reveal! The corner of 
my library used to look like this . . .

Not bad but not exactly what I wanted either.

Now this area is my new office space!


I'm so excited to have a beautiful relaxing space in my favorite room   The Library


Here's how it all happened . . . I was thinking about how nice it would be to have a desk in the library for blogging, paying bills, etc. At about the same time my daughter told me she didn't want the desk in her room anymore. She likes to sit on her bed and do homework so she hardly ever used the desk. Perfect! We moved the dresser to another room and put the desk there. 

I created a mini gallery wall above the desk. I used items I already had plus a few new inexpensive items. 




I am just loving every part of my libary! I even bought a new book to start reading in there!

Do you have an office area of your own?
 Tell me, tell me! 
I love hearing from you all!




Source List:

Desk - From Hannah's room (Originally from a garage sale) 

Wall Clock - Target - $6.99

Metal Magazine Holder - Marshalls $12.99

Letter "L" - JoAnne's  $1.50  - I painted it and added scrapbook paper to the front.

DIY Artwork - You can go here and here to see how I made these.

Aqua Bird - Target $2.50 (last spring)

Lamp - IKEA - $14.99

Aqua Jar and White Vase - Thrift Stores

Aqua Candle - Pier One (on clearance last summer)

22 comments:

  1. Wow, looks like a great space to get some work done! I love that metal magazine holder. :) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new library. It's awesome to have a dedicated work space...especially one that looks so beautiful. Thanks for sharing at DIYbyDesign's Fall into Fall party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really a nice place and you seem to enjoy it, too. I have a little room for myself because I need it towork there. I am in the middle of furnishing it and it turns out lovely. You can see it on my blog! I have recently bought a second-hand desk that I really like and plan to spraypaint it in the near future. My room is very small, but I love it and spend a lot of time there. Besides my desk, I have two bookshelves and a glass door cabinet, then my desk and a small dresser/nightstand that I use to put my printer on. I want to add a clock and some shelving and pictures to make it nicer, but take my time and that's my secret. ;)
    Jule from inside9B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your space and you are right, isn't it nice to have a space you can call your own. I wish my hubby would let me turn our dining room into an office. Your desk is perfect for the space too and I love how you decorated the entire room. Awesome job Lori! Now you can help me with my little space.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a perfect spot, Lori and you have it fixed up so cute. It looks like your desk is kind of tucked in a little corner so maybe nobody can find you ~ I need something like that! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love it! The colors & the cute desk... Found you via a blog hop drop by when you can I am at DearCreatives.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you did a wonderful job! I LOVE this room!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful job! i love the colors- love the desk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad that I'm following you! What a gorgeous space you created. You have a great eye for design...everything looks great together. Awesome job!

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your new space! That magazine holder is brilliant and I have to try and get my hands on a couple of them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done, love the colours!! Thanks for sharing. You've inspired me to start working on my own little space in the house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a peaceful calming environment - the colors are just gorgeous - beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lori! WOW!! What an amazing space! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Lori! WOW!! What an amazing space! I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It looks lovely. The perfect place to blog too. Yes,I am fortunate I do have a room where I create. We also have a den where I blog. I keep thinking I should share my space. Perhaps I will in a future post.Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop. Your participation helps make it a success.I'm sorry I am slow to visit this week as I am fighting a nasty head cold and my time on the computer has been limited.Wishing you a beautiful day .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lori, what a great fun space you have created. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you link up again this week. The party will be live tomorrow night. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    And don't forget to "like" my Facebook page if you haven't already. www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Room! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful Room! Thanks for linking up!
    Kim~madeinaday

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll take a wild guess: Your favorite color is blue green! Haha It shows, Lori. The color of the knobs of your cabinet matches color of the toy bird, the clock, the notebook, well, in fact, almost everything. LOL! Seriously, that's a very good color combination because blue symbolizes calm and relaxation, while green represents good luck and good health.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely workspace you have there! Bet you are enjoying every single working time you spend there. Thank you for sharing the source list too. Perfect items because they are thrifty finds!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That baby blue theme is very relaxing! Are you also planning to get office supplies that have the same colour? :)

    ReplyDelete