3 view header

3 view header

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Fall Foyer & Front Porch

Happy October! 

I have finally finished decorating the front porch and foyer for fall. 

The foyer is very simple. A wreath on the front door . . .


I made the wreath 2 years ago with supplies from the Dollar Store. It's held up well - I only had to hot glue a few acorns and gourds back on. Not bad for $5 bucks!


. . . a few painted pumpkins and free subway art on the table . . .


I wanted to incorporate some aqua items on the entry table since this area is connected to the library.


The white pumpkin is from JoAnne's and I painted a stripe with some leftover aqua paint. For the gourd I just dipped a pencil eraser in aqua paint to make dots.


I decided to do something different for the front porch. I filled my $5 garage sale wood box with faux pumpkins, gourds, leaves, flowers and a scarecrow.




On the other side of the porch I added an orange pillow to the chair and some more faux pumpkins. The fern doesn't exactly scream autumn but it's still alive so I left it. I kinda like the greenery with all the orange and black.



I'm happy with the way everything turned out. It's simple and can easily transition to Halloween and then Thanksgiving. I'll be sharing how I turn all this into Halloween soon so be sure to stop back again for a visit!




Have an awesome day!!


Linking up:





16 comments:

  1. I love all the monograms--and your spotted pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really pretty, love how your decorated the pumpkins all differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you painted the pumpkins, Lori ~ so cute, I may have to try that. Your porch looks great, too. Your scarecrow is a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! I love the painted pumpkins and the monograms. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your front porch! And the black rocker!! Great job dressing it up for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your front porch is perfect! Love all the Fall decor. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Domestically Speaking. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/10/make-it-pretty-monday-week-17.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  7. So simple and cute, I love it. Black doors are my favorite. I love the blue accents. Thanks for linking up on Super Sweet Saturday.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute fall decor. The painted pumpkins are great! I would love for you to come link up your awesome blog to my Get Social party. http://alivedinhome.blogspot.com/2012/10/get-social-sunday.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. The aqua is terrific!
    Looks so festive.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Found and followed you through Adorned from Above's link party! Love the pumpkins with the light blue accents.

    Hope you stop by my blog sometime :)

    http://www.the-not-so-desperate-chef-wife.com/

    Krista

    ReplyDelete
  11. You did an awesome job decorating the foyer and porch! Love it all, and yes, the fern should stay.
    Saw you linking at aka designs
    Debbie :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your decorating. I looks so pretty. Thank you so much for sharing with Wednesdays Adorned From Above Link Party last week. This weeks Link Party is opened at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/10/almond-sugar-body-scrub-and-wednesdays.html
    from Wednesday until Sunday.
    Hope to see you there.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your fall decor - your porch is beautiful! I would never have thought to include aqua but it looks fabulous, and I do love aqua! Thanks for sharing, I found your link at Met Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the pumpkin scarecrow. It's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're so awesome! I do not believe I've truly read through anything like that before.
    So nice to discover someone with a few original thoughts on this subject.

    Really.. thanks for starting this up. This web site is one thing that is needed on the internet, someone with
    a little originality!

    Visit my web page; http://www.hi2friends.com/index.php?do=/blog/76273/revealing-real-world-products-of-hcg-weightloss

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hmm it looks like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I had written and say, I'm
    thoroughly enjoying your blog. I as well am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any tips for novice blog writers? I'd certainly appreciate it.


    Also visit my web site; http://web21.pegasusnetworks.de

    ReplyDelete