3 view header

3 view header

Friday, February 15, 2013

Menu Chalkboard - A FREE project!

Yay!  It's the weekend!  I am trying so hard to get back into crafting, decorating and blogging. The gray, cold weather isn't helping me feel motivated at all. 

One of the projects I've wanted to do involves this mirror . . .


Handyman Hubby made this in high school. He wanted to get rid of it a long time ago but I kept it. It has been sitting in our basement for the past 15 years and I never knew what to do with it. Seriously. Fifteen years

I knew it could be turned into something great but what? I love the shape but the orangey wood? not.so.much. After searching some of my favorite blogs and Pinterest I came up with this idea . . . 

 A menu chalkboard for my kitchen!


This was such an easy (and free!) project. I just removed the mirror, painted the frame a pretty aqua/blue, painted the mirror with chalkboard paint and that was it! 

Wouldn't you know that my white chalk pen ran out of ink! I was only able to write the word "menu" before the ink was gone. Rats!


Here is the new chalkboard hanging in my kitchen. I moved my Keurig and k-cups over to this counter and created a coffee/drink station.

I love having special pieces like this in my home. They may not be worth much to anyone else but to me they are treasures.


Have an awesome weekend!




Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest




Linking up:

House of Rose


My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

4 comments:

  1. Hi! Quick questiοn that's entirely off topic. Do you know how to make your site mobile friendly? My website looks weird when browsing from my iphone. I'm trying to
    find a thеmе οг ρlugin that might be ablе tο fіx thiѕ іѕsuе.
    If you have аnу reсommenԁatiоnѕ, plеase
    share. Αppreciаte it!

    Feel free to visit my web blοg: Prweb.Com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What Ӏ didn't know was how I would get all of what I wanted in just six hours. The line comes off the boat automatically once it hits a fish, which means that the user can catch a fish of virtually any size. Even today, I go big game hunting and all this, and the more dangerous something is, the happier I am.

    My web site :: just click the up coming web site

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great transformation! I like the unique shape of the wood around the chalkboard part and of course you painted it in one of my favorite colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank goodness you didn't get rid of it! I love what you did with it, WOW!
    I hear you about not being motivated to do much with the lack of sun.
    Hang in there friend! Spring is coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete