3 view header

3 view header

Friday, February 22, 2013

Painted inside open cabinets and randomness . . .

Thank you for the advice and comments about my teeny tiny laundry room. We are leaning towards stacking the washer & dryer to create more space. The only problem is that I won't be able to keep my pedestal drawers. I have been searching Pinterest and my favorite blogs for ideas and can't wait to get started! Hopefully this weekend! Fingers crossed!

In between all the laundry room planning, I made some changes in the kitchen. The open cabinets needed some color so I grabbed some paint and got to work!


I had to remove everything to paint so I changed up the accessories. More aqua and white brightened things up.



Here is the cabinet above the microwave. I added some aqua in here too. The chicken was red and white until I changed her up with some aqua paint.



This is what she looked like before . . .

She looks much better in aqua!   









I also purchased a chalk pen so I could write on my new Menu Chalkboard.




I'm loving all the pops of aqua in my kitchen! 


Paint colors used:

Inside cabinets - Annapolis Green

Menu Chalkboard - Aquatic Mist



Have a great weekend!




Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest

http://www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com/2013/03/design-decor-tuesday.html

8 comments:

  1. I have pops of aqua in my kitchen, actually the color is more of a teal. I love it,and I love the idea of painting the inside of the cabinets! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the way the chicken looks with the aqua. If I was not renting my house, I would totally have my paint brushes out to paint my cabinets.
    Looking Good!

    Jenny @ http://jennylynndesignz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken definitely looks better in aqua. Love the pops of aqua!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your cabinets turned out, Lori. Your chicken looks great too with its new colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great project! Please share it on a terrific linky – Design Décor Tuesday. www.designdecortuesday.blogspot.com. See you there! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for linking in to Design Decor Tuesday. Looking forward to seeing what you post next week!

    Jennifer
    www.thejennyevolution.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so right, aqua does make everything better! I love all those touches, but I think the newly aqua and white bird is my favorite. Thanks for linking up to the Spice Up Your Kitchen party!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your kitchen looks clean and fresh. Having a color scheme is a fun way to make a certain room interesting. All you need to do is to mix and match the colors that you want. I like your white and aqua combination because it gives the area a soothing atmosphere. It's funny because as I look at the pictures, I tried to spot the aqua items too. :)

    Washa Construction

    ReplyDelete