Wednesday, February 20, 2013

This just isn't working for me . . .

Hey my friends! 

Today's post is all about my itty bitty teeny tiny laundry room and how it's NOT working for me!

Over the last few years I've made a few minor changes to this room. Nothing major. Just cosmetic stuff. 

Here is what it used to look like . . . 


Well, let's just say that things have changed in there.
I moved a lot of the decorative items to use in other rooms. Lately I've just been throwing crap up on the shelf and now the room looks like this . . .

I can't believe I'm showing this to you!

Good thing I can close the door and ignore the mess!

Obviously the room lacks space and storage. It's so tiny and claustrophobic that I hate being in there. Doing laundry is bad enough but doing laundry in an unorganized and cramped space is just too much for me! 


See what I mean? That's all the space I have to work with. Plus there are no windows and the lighting is bad. 

Here is the space between the washer and wall . . .


It looks like I have my work cut out for me! Since I can't convince Handyman Hubby to knock out a wall and make this space bigger I need to get creative. 


Here is what I'm planning to do:

Paint - The walls will get a new coat(s) of gray paint.
I'll add pops of aqua with accessories/artwork.
 (I'm using the Thirty-One bag as color inspiration)

Move ironing board to wall next to washer

Add more hooks to hang clothes

Build shelf that sits on top of washer & dryer

Organize, organize, organize!

Add fun (aqua & gray) accessories & artwork 


I'd love to hear your ideas so please leave me a comment or email me. As you can see, the room needs A LOT of help!


Have an awesome day!






Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest


6 comments:

  1. ...must be on the same wavelength. I spent the long weekend with my laundry room, it was a hot date! ;) purging and reorganizing. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My laundry/mud room is tiny, too, and I have put the dryer onto the washing machine. This way I had enough room for a sink in that room.
    Jule

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Jule How about stacking the washer and dryer? I don't think the adaptor part is very expensive. Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you do stack them, you could build a shelf next to the unit for laundry supplies and/or a folding table...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I had a mudroom. My laundry is out in the garage. We've talked about knocking out a wall and framing in to make a laundry room, but kitchen reno took top priority (not complaining because I love my new kitchen with my red subway tiles). I can't wait to see how your organize it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plans sound great. My laundry room drives me nuts! It is tiny, and there isn't even an outlet in there for plugging in an iron. (There is only an outlet for the washer and dryer.) Plus, because my home doesn't have a pantry, I put shelves in there, but now, the shelves look so messy! I will have to do some measuring and get some pretty cloth bins. Can't wait to see how your project turns out!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.