Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Project Laundry Room Update

It all started with a plan . . .



. . . to update my laundry room and create more storage space.

Handyman Hubby and I spent last weekend working on this teeny tiny room. The washer & dryer had to be moved out before we could do anything. Let's just say it was lots of fun moving those heavy applicances out of such a small space!

The pedestals had to be removed from the bottom of the washer & dryer before we could stack them. In order to do this, we had to lay them down to unscrew the drawers. So.much.fun.


We spackled nail holes, painted the walls, painted the trim and cleaned up A LOT of dryer lint. 

After much debating, we decided to place the stacked washer & dryer centered on the wall. Now there is room on both sides for storage AND I can actually reach everything! Since I'm vertically challenged (aka short 5'2") I couldn't reach the shelf that was above the washer & dryer before. Even with a step stool it was hard to reach stuff in the corners. Now everything is within reach! Woo hoo!




Here's a closer look . . .



The stacking cubbies and metal baskets are from the hall closet. I wanted to see how the space would work so I borrowed them to get an idea of what it would look like. Looks like they're staying so now I'll have to redo the hall closet. See how I create more work for myself?






My mom gave me this maid service sign years ago. I decided to hang it right above the light switch. 

It must be defective. I've pushed the button but a maid has never shown up and my kiddos don't want to clean up after 
themselves. Hmmm . . .







There is still a lot to do but we're making progress. Here's what is left on my list . . . 


Project List

Create storage/place to hang clothes
 on left side of washer & dryer

Hang ironing board

Add hooks to hang clothes

Make labels for metal baskets

Add the fun stuff!
  Subway art, WASH letters, etc.




Have an awesome day!!




Follow me on Facebook and Pinterest


3 comments:

  1. Looks great so far, Lori! You and hubby have done a lot of hard work but it will be worth it to have a more functional laundry room. I need one of those maid service signs, only one that works, please! I'll be waiting to see that redo of your hall closet ~ yes, I know how these projects tend to snowball. Speaking of snowball, enjoy your snowy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Lori! And I know the feeling of creating more work for myself. Story of my life. :) I need one of those button signs too--but only if it works. :)

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great so far!! Love it!! It is so sad that when you ring the bell and no maid!! That's so sad :( It is ever starts to work, please let me know so I can get one myself :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you! I read each and every comment and I appreciate the time you have taken to visit Thrifty Decor Mom.